About Siobhan Camille and Greenstone Belly Dance
Greenstone Belly Dance is a Middle Eastern dance school based in the Netherlands and online. Our passion is sharing the art of belly dance through performances, classes and workshops to help others learn more about Middle Eastern culture and dance, and to help others discover their own strength and confidence through engaging in movement. We offer group belly dance classes in Delft and online!
Our vision for classes is to create a safe, stress-free space, where all participants are encouraged and uplifted. Siobhan Camille is the director of Greenstone Belly Dance. Siobhan strives to help her students reach their dance goals, be it fitness, fun, or furthering of dance skills.
About Siobhan Camille
Siobhan is a multi-award winning belly dancer and the founder of Greenstone Belly Dance. Her love of music is equaled only by her love of movement, making belly dance her perfect match. Her joyful movement and 1000-watt smile captivate audiences across the globe. Her dance training is primarily in Egyptian raqs sharqi, but she also has extensive training in American Cabaret and fusion styles.
Siobhan Camille’s precise movement and playful style have been winning her dance accolades since 2014, most notably a 3rd Place and Judge’s Award for Excellence in Presence in the Professional category at the Hamilton International Belly Dance Competition in 2020. In 2021, her hard work earned her the amazing opportunity of joining the cast of Bellydance Evolution’s performance of The Wizard Of Oz in Copenhagen as part of the Oriental ensemble.
Siobhan Camille has an extensive background in exercise science with postgraduate level degrees in Exercise Prescription and Rehabilitation Science. She takes a particular interest in the safety, strength, and performance of dancers, and conducted the first-ever formal research on injury incidence in belly dancers. She draws on this background to emphasise safe dance technique and teaches her students how to find and activate muscles to create clear movement.
Achievements and Awards
- 2022: Judge’s finalist, plus people’s choice 3rd Place and 5th Place, Datura Online Belly Dance Challenge, “It’s a Drag” (Jazz fusion) and “Tamra Henna” (Golden Era inspired)
- 2021: Cast to perform in the Classical Ensemble in the Bellydance Evolution production of the Wonderful Wizard of oz (Copenhagen, Directed by Jillina)
- 2021: Runner up, Datura Online Belly Dance Challenge, “Qanun Over Cairo” (Raqs Sharqi)
- 2020: 3rd Place and Judge’s Award for Excellence in Presence, Professional Category, Hamilton International Belly Dance Competition
- 2019: 1st Place, Datura Online Belly Dance Challenge, “Zaina” (Classical Belly Dance with Finger Cymbals)
- 2019: 2nd Place, Fusion Solo, Dutch Dance Sports International Belly Dance Championships
- 2017: Invited Panel Speaker, Belly Dance Blossom Festival (Hosted by Yasmina Ramzy)
- 2016: Cast to perform in Mirapiece Theater (New York City, Directed and Choreographed by Mira Betz)
- 2014: 1st Place, Open Solo, Otago Dance Association Competition
- MSc, Rehabilitation Science, McGill University, Canada
- BPhEd, Exercise Prescription & Management, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- Certificate in Improving Sport Performance, Ara (Formerly Aoraki Polytechnic), New Zealand
Why “Greenstone” Belly Dance?
Greenstone Belly Dance was founded by Siobhan, an exercise scientist and strength and conditioning coach turned belly dancer. As the primary teacher and choreographer for Greenstone Belly Dance, she knew she needed a company name that signified the strength and confidence she found through movement, but still incorporated the femininity she expressed in her dance style. Hailing from New Zealand, Siobhan found inspiration in her home country’s native greenstone; a strong rock that is difficult to break, but still able to be carved and moulded; a thing of undeniable strength and elegant beauty.