About Siobhan Camille and Greenstone Belly Dance
Greenstone Belly Dance is a Middle Eastern dance school based in the Netherlands and online. Our passion is sharing the art of belly dance through performances, classes and workshops to help others learn more about Middle Eastern culture and dance, and to help others discover their own strength and confidence through engaging in movement. We offer group belly dance classes in Delft and online!
vision for classes is to create a safe, stress-free space, where all participants are encouraged and uplifted. Siobhan Camille is the director of Greenstone Belly Dance. Siobhan strives to help her students reach their dance goals, be it fitness, fun, or furthering of dance skills.
About Siobhan Camille
Siobhan Camille is a multi-award winning belly dancer, and is the founder of Greenstone Belly Dance. Her love of music is equalled only by her love of movement, making belly dance her perfect match. Siobhan Camille takes a particular interest in the health, strength and performance of dancers, as she is not only a professional belly dancer, but also an exercise scientist. She conducted the first ever peer-reviewed scientific research concerning injury incidence in belly dancers,and has a decade of experience working with athletes and dancers across the globe, helping them to recover from injury and improve their performance.
Drawing on her background in exercise science and extensive experience in the exercise industry, Siobhan Camille emphasises safe dance technique and teaches students how to ‘find’ and activate muscles to create crisp, clear technique and well-defined movement.
Siobhan Camilles’s background is primarily in Egyptian and American Cabaret style belly dance, and she credits Aziza, Amanda Rose, The Ruby Lady and Karim Nagi as some of her most influential teachers. Siobhan also undertook dance studies at university and has a love for contemporary dance that encouraged her to study with contemporary fusion dancers such as Mira Betz, Michelle Sorensen, and Ashley Lopez.
Achievements and Awards
- 2021: Runner up, Datura Online Belly Dance Challenge, “Qanun Over Cairo” (Raqs Sharqi)
- 2020: 3rd Place and Judge’s Award for Excellence in Presence, Professional Category, Hamilton International Belly Dance Competition
- 2019: 1st Place, Datura Online Belly Dance Challenge, “Zaina” (Classical Belly Dance with Finger Cymbals)
- 2019: 2nd Place, Fusion Solo, Dutch Dance Sports International Belly Dance Championships
- 2017: Invited Panel Speaker, Belly Dance Blossom Festival (Hosted by Yasmina Ramzy)
- 2016: Cast to perform in Mirapiece Theater (New York City, Directed and Choreographed by Mira Betz)
- 2014: 1st Place, Open Solo, Otago Dance Association Competition
- MSc, Rehabilitation Science, McGill University, Canada
- BPhEd, Exercise Prescription & Management, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- Certificate in Improving Sport Performance, Ara (Formerly Aoraki Polytechnic), New Zealand
Why “Greenstone” Belly Dance?
Greenstone Belly Dance was founded by Siobhan, an exercise scientist and strength and conditioning coach turned belly dancer. As the primary teacher and choreographer for Greenstone Belly Dance, she knew she needed a company name that signified the strength and confidence she found through movement, but still incorporated the femininity she expressed in her dance style. Hailing from New Zealand, Siobhan found inspiration in her home country’s native greenstone; a strong rock that is difficult to break, but still able to be carved and moulded; a thing of undeniable strength and elegant beauty.